THE IMPORTANCE OF RESEARCH
Cadey has devoted science, nature and experience to
create cosmetic products that are extremely safe and innovative.
Formulations are studied and developed in cutting edge research
laboratories. Starting from a profound morphologic and biochemical
knowledge of the skin, Cadey studies specific products that act to
protect and restore. Accurate research is carried out to seek a targeted
response to the diverse needs of the consumer.
Cadey responds to the needs of the skin
Recent studies have shown that sensitive skin in urban and
industrialised areas is increasing by 15% in Europe and by 47% in the
The most frequent causes of sensitive and hyper-reactive skin are:
• Climactic conditions (wind, humidity, cold);
• UV radiation;
• Environments with a high number of irritants;
• Aggressive cosmetics and detergents.
Cadey responds by searching biotechnology and natural components for a
solution that provides adequate protection and care for every skin type.
• Cadey, as a Unipro (Italian Association of Cosmetic Companies) member,
adheres closely to European standards on sun protection factors, type of
protection and precautions for use.
• Cadey, in March 2011, received from the FDA (Food and Drug
Administration) authorisation to produce and distribute a brand new line
of Bilboa sunscreens, designed especially for the United States.
• Bilboa Capri and Bilboa Kids sunscreens contain broad spectrum filters
that protect from UVA rays as well as UVB. All sunscreens are
resistant; they have excellent persistence on the skin and are
especially indicated for sporty people or those swimming frequently. Dermatologically tested,
Bilboa sunscreens do not contain parabens,
preservatives that according to some studies may cause contact
dermatitis or other allergies.
• Innovative, high tech formulations, with precise
research for a pleasant and sensorial appreciable
• Non comedogenic formulation, use of highly
eudermic oils and esters, not occlusive on the skin,
which allow for better cutaneous transpiration;
• High quality raw materials, derived from close
collaboration with the largest international
companies on the market to guarantee the consumer
quality and effectiveness;
• Use of raw materials that are strictly not tested
on animals and GMO free;
• Dermatologically tested;
• Microbiologically tested.
• Controls and effectiveness tests validated by
prestigious institutions: University of Pavia
(Italy), dermatological institute;
• Chelab analysis and research centre (Treviso,
Italy) for in vivo and in vitro tests.
• Nickel tests are performed for some lines in order
to allow the use of some creams for persons with
• Farcoderm, Pavia (Italy), in vivo effectiveness
• Cadey also collaborates with two prestigious
institutions: IRB Institute for Biotechnological
Research in Vicenza (Italy) and IDI Istituto
Dermopatico dell'Immacolata in Rome (Italy).
USE OF PRESERVATIVES
Close and attentive research is carried out into the
use of preservatives in the products. Cadey is
constantly aware of changes to the legislation
regarding the use of certain preservatives in
cosmetics and, consequently, constantly updates its
policy on their use.
All these characteristics make Cadey therefore, a
company that is attentive to the wellbeing of its
clients and, above all, a company that constantly
seeks to be proactive and innovative.